Monday, January 9, 2012

Job 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5: Fixate on Jesus


Satan Before the Lord
Corrado Giaquinto 1750
 

Used with permission from 
http://freechristimages.org/


Job 1:21 “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD.”

I believe this verse, no matter the controversy surrounding it. Wouldn’t a good earthly dad take away privileges, if he knew his child would be harmed in some way by them? If we look at things from an eternal perspective, it’s easier to understand. Our Abba is the Perfect Father. Wouldn't He take away something that would affect our eternity with Him? Eternity with Him is more important than this temporal life. Just a thought.

Job 3:25 “For the thing which I greatly fear comes upon me, and that of which I am afraid befalls me.”

This verse jumped out at me because I have seen the truth of it played out. I knew a Jesus-loving woman who was diving deep into the spiritual things of the Lord. In the process of diving deep, she discovered satan’s realm of resistance against her. She became fixated on a “controlling spirit.” She was constantly looking for demons around every corner, in people, in situations. In short, she began to greatly fear a “controlling spirit.” I found out later that she had embraced a woman as a spiritual guide who had a controlling spirit. This woman’s fear caused the very object of her fear to come upon her.
This is tough stuff, but it’s truth. That’s why it is imperative that we fixate on Jesus. All the other stuff, including the demonic realm, will bow as we worship Jesus passionately and obey Him completely.
Lord, empower us to look at this life as temporal, and understand that fear only separates us from You. Empower me, Lord. I love You and want no thing between us. AMEN!

3 comments:

Rashida Singh said...

Amen, I am keeping my eyes on Jesus who is the Author and finisher of my faith! You are so right so many Christians get side tracked by fixing their eye on a defeated enemy of the demonic spiritual realm!

Spencer said...

Hey i just started blogging I found your blog in religion and mine is quite interesting please come and give a look. :)

Beautiful Grace said...

Bless you in your pursuit of Jesus, Rashida!

With Much Love...
Beautiful Grace