Friday, June 3, 2011

"Journey Through the Psalms" Day 1

Pastor Thom has asked us to "Journey Through the Psalms" together. Beginning June 1 read the Psalm of the same day of the month, then every 30 Psalms. June first we read Psalms 1, 31, 61, 91, 121. Read for inspiration not content. Find a theme for each day from a word of image that stands out to you. Share it with us. Don't interpret; just reflect on the heart of God. I will post the daily reading each day.


There are many images that flood my mind as I read these passages, but thinking back over my life and remembering the times when my heart felt overwhelmed with responsibility, darkness, depression, etc. Jesus as my "Strong Protector" stands out clear to me. I imagine Jesus as this gigantic Man who surrounds and protects me. The times when I felt most overwhelmed were the times that He revealed Himself to me in the deepest ways. Thank You, Jesus, for being my "Strong Protector." I love You!!!


With Much Love...
Beautiful Grace

No comments: