Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mountain Removal: No Soap Operas For Me!!!

Dear Persevering and Praying Friends,


Right now, I'm feeling like an unwitting star in a medical soap opera, in which I attended no audition. Bam...the part of leading lady dropped in my lap! Yes, it seems that way with the most recent piece of news received yesterday from my plastic surgeon. It turns out that the organism responsible for the infection in my left side is MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), known by the press and most of the public as the "super bug." These bacteria resist most antibiotics and was the reason the incision on the left side never healed. It also is the reason the cellulitis formed, resulting in the need for more surgery to remove the left expander.
I do not desire your pity. I desire a holy compassion to be stirred up in you to pray that this "super bug" is totally, completely, and forever annihilated from my system!!! It was compassion that drove Jesus to heal, and if we are to be like Him, we need that same holy compassion.


Matthew 14:13-15 (New King James Version)
"And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick."


Please pray for the following:


 Obviously, that the MRSA is resolved quickly before it can spread to other areas of my body.

 That my strength returns. I am washed out most of the time, and I'm getting weary of lying around. This is to be expected as my body wars against the infecting organism.

 Wisdom, Wisdom, Wisdom! As a nurse, I knew that an unhealing, draining wound was not a healthy sign, but I kept my nursing knowledge to myself to not make waves. As a patient, I didn't want to tell the doctors what to do, but if I had been taking care of a patient with my symptoms, I would have been on the phone daily asking for intervening orders. I am scheduled for two doctor's appointments tomorrow, one with the breast surgeon for a postoperative check and the other with an infectious disease doctor. Lord, I need to ask wise questions while continuing to be respectful.

 Most of all, please pray for Strongman, Consecrated and Fire. This has been very hard on them, and each of them responds differently to that stress. My desire is that this trial would draw us closer together!

 That our family as individuals and as a whole would be drawn closer to the "One and Only Super God," Who always trumps any "super bug" named on this earth. His name is Higher!!!




Philippians 2:9-11 (New King James Version)
"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."




 Please contact me with anything you may be sensing regarding this trial. The Lord speaks in wonderfully varied and mysterious ways. Please don't dismiss what He may want you to speak to me!!!






Many More Praises:




 The plastic surgeon stated the infection looked 90% better than last Wednesday. You might say, well, she was taking antibiotics; of course, it's getting better. In reality, the first antibiotic (Avelox) was completely ineffective for a skin infection. According to the sensitivity report, the MRSA was completely resistant to the second antibiotic (Cipro). Why is it then that I am 90% improved? By One, name alone...JESUS!!!

 Just as the diagnosis of cancer didn't scare me, neither did the diagnosis of MRSA. This, my friends, can only be attributed to God's grace poured out on me. Faith is not always rational, and HE GETS ALL THE GLORY!!!!

 I haven't been physically dancing in worship lately, but as I listen to worship music while going to sleep at night in my "holy imagination" I am dancing away with Jesus. He's the best Dance Partner!!!

 I had a visit today from the "Merry Maids" who showed up to clean my house and fold laundry! What fantastic friends with which I am blessed! I Love you ladies!!! Your hearts' shine Jesus through your actions.

 I received a prophetic word from a young girl through her daddy, and it brought me to tears. After simply explaining to his girls the trial I am walking through, this young girl added, "she's like Job ... 'blessed be the name of the Lord' she praises Him through it all." "Then she basically added 'neat' what God did for Job after the trial was over." I want to hug you Sweetheart, can you ask your mom and dad if you can visit me?

 I praise God that my friends are not like Job's friends. I have received so much Love and support that at times a "good overwhelm" consumes me and that all gets given back to God in gratitude.

 For my "Spiritual Advisor" whom I call for guidance and prayer. Her prayers are so powerful that sometimes I feel as though I will "blow up" in the Spirit! Thank you, Sweet Lady! I Love and appreciate you!!!

 For no pain medicine needed except at night and am weaning off the Valium for chest cramps, as pain and cramping have not been a problem since the JP drain has been removed!!!

 Most of all for my Jesus, who constantly keeps me held close no matter if I feel weak, being carried by His strong arms or if I feel strong, dancing aside of Him as His Bride. I couldn't be more blessed!!!




There are people all around us who are hurting physically, emotionally and spiritually. Lord, stir up our compassion, the same compassion that moved Jesus to heal, let that healing flow through us!!! In the Sweet and Powerful name of Jesus!!! AMEN




With Much Love and Appreciation,
Beautiful Grace :)

2 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

I continue to pray for you dear friend.

However that super bug entered your system (hospital acquired infection, etc...) it has no place in your body. In the name of Jesus I command that invading organism to leave. I speak super sensitivity to your immune system that it will be on red alert and be strengthened to recognize, attack, and destroy every trace of that "antibiotic resistant" MRSA.

In Jesus' name.

Do you have The Bible Experience audio bible? Listening to the many portions of God's Word many times during the day has boosted my spirit so. These days I am soaking myself in The Psalms... awesome...

Keeping you close,
Lidj

s said...

Hi Beautiful Grace
You have my prayers and positive thoughts heading your way.
God bless you and yours.
Joe