Saturday, December 8, 2007

Consecrated


Consecrated's 18th birthday picture was taken by Auntie MA on Thanksgiving Day at Auntie JL's house. My son is officially a man!!! Wow, I can hardly believe it!!! Its sounds cliche, but very true...it seems like just yesterday I was holding him my arms as a newborn baby.


Consecrated has blessed me with wisdom beyond his years. A few years ago a potential job opportunity presented itself. I knew with home educating my boys I would not be able to work more than 16 hours a week. The part- time position quickly morphed into a full-time commitment prior to my interview. Because the job was my "dream" job, I continued on with the interview even though deep inside I knew there was no way I could handle a full-time job without compromising my sons' education.

I asked Consecrated to pray about the job position, and he wisely responded, "Mom, it's like algebra. A negative times a positive equals a negative. The job might be the right job (positive) but at the wrong time (negative) which would equal the wrong thing (negative)."

What a blessing to have this young man as my son!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

And, he is blessed to have you as a mom! So often the right thing comes around at the wrong time and many people frantically try to make it all work (been there, done that). I'm sure you feel such a peace in knowing you did the right thing and that God will honor your faithfulness!