Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Speaking Life at Wilkes University

 
Wilkes-Barre, PA

 
Teams of college students had set up tents selling various items
(mostly food)
to help raise money for cancer research.
 
 

This distinguished gentleman is my father. 
I really appreciate his support!

 
Relay teams competed throughout the day in fun competitions.

 
This is a pic of me and my greatest earthly supporter, my husband!

 
 
 
I was given the great privilege to share my story as a cancer overcomer this past Saturday.  It was wonderful to be able to speak of God's awesome interventions in my life and how He continually guided me in every decision. 
 
As I spoke, many eyes filled with tears.  I pray that the resolve to stand firm in the fight was released, no matter if the mountain is cancer or some other earthly obstacle.
 
Thanks to all who prayed for me.  I could feel God's pleasure as I spoke.
 
The highlight of the day was receiving a gift bag as a thank you for speaking.  For those of you who know me, you know that purple is my fav color!  I received a purple tee shirt, purple travel mug, and a purple trimmed canvas bag.  It was as though God was winking at me. 
 
 I already had a purple folder to hold my speech notes. ;)
 
 
 
I really do love Him!!!


No comments: