Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jeremiah 30-31: Stuck in Sorrow or White as Snow?

Jeremiah 31:13
Amplified Bible (AMP)

13 Then will the maidens rejoice in the dance, and the young men and old together. For I will turn their mourning into joy and will comfort them and make them rejoice after their sorrow.


We are not destined to stay stuck in sorrow.  Father has promised that mourning will be transformed into so much joy that dancing would result.  Many verses in the Bible encourage, but this verse is personal.

Ephraim (Israel) had turned their back on God going their own way, doing their own thing, which resulted in the discipline of Father.  How many times have we done things or held onto attitudes that we know are contrary to what our Father desires?

We are disciplined just as Israel, suffer the consequences of our misdeeds (sins) and sorrow follows.

 As a little girl, I remember being sorrowful after my parents disciplined me for disobeying, BUT I didn't stay sorrowful.  My parents didn't hold a grudge against me.  In fact, they continued to love and care for me even in the midst of my deserved punishment.  I soon returned to the playing and singing and joyful expressions of a child.  My parents didn't seriously remember my misbehavior.


Jeremiah 31:34
Amplified Bible (AMP)


34 And they will no more teach each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, Know the Lord, for they will all know Me [recognize, understand, and be acquainted with Me], from the least of them to the greatest, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will [seriously] remember their sin no more. (emphasis mine)

My heavenly Parent taught my earthly parents well.  Abba does not hold our sins against us!!!  I am so grateful!!!

A certain amount of godly sorrow will result from committed sins, but it is NOT God's intent that we stay stuck in sorrow.  God intents to restore us to our rightful place as sons and daughters with all the privileges and benefits of sonship!

We can then receive the joy that Holy Spirit pours out...we can dance, dance, dance.

A trick that the evil one plays is that we must work to redeem ourselves from our missteps.  WE CAN'T WORK OUR WAY TO RIGHTEOUSNESS!!!

Jesus is our righteousness!!!

Thank You, Jesus, for being our Mediator!  Thank You, Abba, that when we misstep, we can immediately repent (turn away from that thing or attitude) and be restored to You.  We don't need to stay stuck in sorrow.  Our souls are FREE!  We may continue to live in the consequences of sin, but our soul is white as snow!!!  All praise and honor and glory to the One called Jesus!  AMEN!!!

No comments: