Monday, January 17, 2011

The Mountain Revealed

My previous post, Mountain in the Path, describes various reactions to an obstacle placed in one's pathway.  This post was inspired by the personal mountain I am currently dealing with...its name, breast cancer.

My yearly routine mammogram revealed microcalcifications in my right breast.  Microcalcifications are formed when cells are dividing rapidly and dying quickly.  Cancer was not seen on the mammogram, just its effects.

A stereotactic biopsy was recommended and performed the Wednesday before Christmas.  Undergoing a biopsy at a different site on the same breast five years ago, did not prepare me for this unique procedure.  Although, uncomfortable (I developed a cramp in one of my intercostal muscles during the procedure), the technology was fascinating, and I thank God for the knowledge He has given man!

While driving to work on Christmas afternoon, I asked the Lord what He was going to do in 2011.  Clearly, His Spirit replied...

"Do not trust in the chariots and horses of men.  Trust in Me."
 from Psalm 20:7

Immediately, I began pondering His statement and attempted to apply it to any current situations, which gave me a choice to either trust man or trust Him.  I knew God was speaking, but was not certain how His word applied to me.

The Monday after Christmas, my husband and I were visiting my Momma who was hospitalized for left leg cellulitis (this has been recurring for many years.  Please pray!)  My cousin, who I don't see very often was also visiting my Mom.  She went on to list her numerous surgeries, the latest of which was a double mastectomy.  Can anyone say, "Foreshadowing?"

My husband and I decided to eat out for dinner, and eat somewhere fun, so we decided to eat at a local hibachi grill.  My phone rang as the chef was juggled knives and threw eggs, slicing them in midair.  My surgeon's voice cut through the moment with the surreal statement, "The biopsy showed cancer."

My immediate thought was not, she's saying I have cancer; it was, my Christian brothers and sisters will think I have sinned in some way.  For a little while, I only asked for prayer from those I could trust, but I have changed my mind.  Satan's strategy is to keep us alone, without the support of the body of Christ.  I want to buck the evil one, therefore, I am now publicly asking for prayer.


My prayer requests would be the following...


****that I would remain in Peace, the peace that surpasses all understanding.

****that I would hear the Lord clearly as to what He wants me to proceed. He is the One I trust. I will not trust in the chariots and horses of man!

****that I would be able to minister to my family and fulfill my responsibilities at work in a way that would glorify God.

****that the testimony I will have to share would draw those who hear to the Great Healer.

****that you would share with me what you feel the Lord is saying, any direction He would have for me.


I will continue to keep you updated as time allows.  In the meantime, I would appreciate any prayers you offer on my behalf.

With Much Love...
Beautiful Grace  :)


"Some trust in and boast of chariots and some of horses,
but we will trust in and boast of the name of the Lord our God."


Psalm 20:7 (Amplified Bible)

1 comment:

After His heart said...

So proud to stand with you in Trust. I capitalized it because He is Trust and it is in Him you are healed and made whole!!

So glad you choose this route of sharing!!

Love and Prayers continuing......