Thursday, December 18, 2008

As Two More States Institute Assisted Suicide, Many Doctors Take Pledge to Only Promote Life



by Aimee Herd : Dec 18, 2008 : CL Staff – Citizen


…doctors who have a pro-life stance, need support.

According to a report by Citizen Link, more doctors are pledging against the physician assisted suicide laws recently passed in both Montana and Washington.


Spokesman for the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition, Alex Schadenberg, noted that doctors who have a pro-life stance, need support. (Photo: take-the-pledge.com)


"Some of the physicians in Oregon opposed assisted suicide," Schadenberg said, adding that some then changed their stance to a neutral one after it was legalized.


The pledge reportedly underscores some of the wording in the Hippocratic Oath, by stating:


• I will treat the sick according to my best ability and judgment, always striving to do no harm. Whenever I care for a terminally-ill patient, I will provide optimal comfort care until natural death.


• I will also support my patients' wishes not to prolong the dying process with futile treatment. I will never give a deadly drug to anyone even if asked, nor will I suggest suicide.


• I will always affirm and guard these ethical principles with integrity, recognizing that every human life is inherently valuable.


In addition to doctors, there are similar pledges for medical caregivers and just concerned citizens as well. To access the Pledge website, CLICK HERE.


Dear Blog Readers,

I encourage you to pray!!! Life is precious, whether that life is a child in his mother's womb, or a person diagnosed with a terminal illness. Pray for the doctors who choose life. Pray for nurses who are accused of lacking in mercy because they choose NOT to give a lethal overdose of pain medication. Pray that blind eyes would be opened to the spirit of death, which is behind this legislation.

Father, I bring this issue before Your throne. One Word from You chases away the darkness. Allow Life physically and emotionally displace areas overrun with death. Allow Life eternal fill up this nation who is under God!! All for the glory of Jesus!!! AMEN!!!!

With Love,
Beautiful Grace

2 comments:

Livin' Life said...

Wow, I will be praying. I didn't know they were trying to legalize this.

Crown of Beauty said...

This is a very important post, and thank you for taking time to do it. I will certainly be praying with you for the pro-life doctors and medical practitioners. Yes, they are in a difficult place, and need our prayer support!!