Wednesday, June 19, 2013

2 Kings 18:9-19:37; Psalm 46, 80, 135: Winds of Change

Psalm 135:7

Amplified Bible (AMP)
Who causes the vapors to arise from the ends of the earth, Who makes lightnings for the rain, Who brings the wind out of His storehouses;
Who smote the firstborn of Egypt, both of man and beast;
Who sent signs and wonders into the midst of you, O Egypt, upon Pharaoh and all his servants;
10 Who smote nations many and great and slew mighty kings—
11 Sihon king of the Amorites, Og king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan.
Emphasis mine.

Several weeks ago, I heard the Lord say, "The winds are changing."  I had been involved in an emotionally charged situation which waxed and waned for about 13 years.  I reacted emotionally to what I perceived to be the actions of others.  I honestly believe each of us was correct in our perceptions, HOWEVER, I also believe that satan magnified the situation in the thoughts of each concerned. 
When I heard the Lord's word, I just knew that it meant the situation would finally be resolved and true unity would arise...
I assumed that God would finally allow the others to see how satan had played all of us, BUT it didn't happen that way.  The "winds of change" blew me out of the detrimental emotional environment.  
Please don't assume that this environment was bad, no, on the contrary, these people truly love the Lord, but for me, it was detrimental to my soul, my family, my call, my destiny.
This is a cathartic post for me, but I believe each of us go through similar trials.  
The crux of what I want to impress on your heart is that I did not run away from the battle.  I prayed and waited, prayed and waited, prayed and waited until God's wind blew me out of the situation.
We need to wait for God to direct us, not take it upon ourselves to run away when things get tough.  God is the One Who is in charge, period.
His wind was the guide and sometimes a storm guides us too.
We sometimes equate a storm to spiritual warfare or punishment or an event that blows us off the set course, BUT let me submit to you, that sometimes God sends a storm to get us back on course, His course for our lives.  We cannot assume that difficult circumstances (storms) are always for our destruction.  Maybe its God's creative way to get us back on course.





Thanks, Lord, for guiding us through and by the storm, Your wind, Your voice, etc. Help us always to "see" Your hand of love in every circumstance. We love You and submit our lives to You, however, You choose to work it out however You desire. In Jesus Wonderful Name, AMEN!!!


3 comments:

Kelli said...

I do not know what this situation is, but I can say that I'm so proud of you, my sister. You have chosen to seen things though His eyes, even until the end. I am very glad for you that the situation has been resolved and that you will be able to move forward without offense.

Love you and your honest heart!

Beautiful Grace said...

Dear Kelli,

I appreciate your encouragement and love. Keep me in your prayers as the Holy Spirit directs.

Much Love Always...

Unknown said...

I like your blog, please see my
http://rihanna-thisis.blogspot.com/
Thank U :)