Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ezra 4-6; Psalm 137: The Enemy May Stall, But None Shall Stop the Prophetic Promises

 Josh: "But they need me here. If I don't help them...how will they... The shepherd, he's part of the prophecy."

Jesus: "Son! Have no fear. The prophesies will be fulfilled be it one way or another. One river is calm while the other is treacherous. In one boat, many will be saved. In the other, many will be lost."

Josh: "But maybe I, maybe I don't want the responsibility. I'm tired of fighting. It's never enough for the one that I save a hundred are...

Jesus: "It matter a great deal to that one person. It matters to Me."

Josh: "Tell me, Lord. What do I do?" (Revelation Road 3: The Black Rider)




Ezra 4:21-24
Amplified Bible (AMP)
   
21Therefore give a decree to make these men stop, that this city not be rebuilt, until a command is given by me.
22 Be sure that you do this. Why should damage grow, to the hurt of the kings?
23 When the copy of King Artaxerxes’ letter was read before Rehum, Shimshai the scribe, and their companions, they went up in haste to Jerusalem to the Jews and by force and power made them cease.
24 Then the work on the house of God in Jerusalem stopped. It stopped until the second year of Darius king of Persia.

The rebuilding of the temple after the Babylonian captivity was a prophetic promise, yet enemies were successful in stalling its construction. 

Have you even wondered about the prophetic promises, which the enemy halted mid fulfillment? 

Have you considered the prophetic promises yet to be fulfilled?

I certainly have.

While watching the fictional movie, Revelation Road 3:  The Black Rider, a few days ago, I was encouraged by a dialogue between Josh and Jesus as referenced above.  God WILL fulfill His promises.  He WILL complete His plan, "One way or another."  The pressure of personal responsibility to "fulfill" God's plan for Him, is off!  Our heart only needs to say,  "Tell me, Lord. What do I do?"  He is pleased with the "one" we touch for Him.  He is pleased when our heart desires to do right.  He is pleased when we try, but He doesn't expect us to do what only He can do.  He holds the world in His hands.  He is the One who directs the times and the seasons.  His Spirit draws a heart.  We cannot do these things.  We can only say, "Tell me, Lord. What do I do?"

Thank You, Lord, that Your burden is light.  Tell us what to do in every minute of every day, Lord.  In the great and awesome Name of Jesus, AMEN!!!

No comments: