Friday, October 5, 2012

Isaiah 1-4: His Glory Shall Be a Canopy

Isaiah 4:5
Amplified Bible (AMP)

5 And the Lord will create over the whole site, over every dwelling place of Mount Zion and over her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night; for over all the glory shall be a canopy (a defense of divine love and protection).



What beautiful imagery! I find myself imagining what that would look like...:)

I am remembering a dream from years ago. I observed the people worshiping in the sanctuary of the church I attend and a huge golden cloth was spread out over them. It was beautiful!


I understood at the time that it was the glory of God spread over His people, but now, years later, I find the Biblical reference for the dream. Thanks, Lord!!!

I also remember another promise of protection from God.


Isaiah 52:12
Amplified Bible (AMP)

12 For you will not go out with haste, nor will you go in flight [as was necessary when Israel left Egypt]; for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.



God's glory protects you, and it protects me. That promise warms my heart and stirs my love for my Awesome Heavenly Father!

Spread out Your glory over us as You have promised, Lord. We need Your protection and love. All for You! In Jesus' name, AMEN!

No comments: