Friday, July 20, 2007

Recipe Raves, "Sour Cream Apple Pie"


This posting is dedicated to my Betty Crocker, award-winning sister, Auntie MA. I love you, Sissy!!! Thanks for loving me!!!

Sour Cream Apple Pie

1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust

5 large tart apples (Granny Smith works for me)

1 tablespoon lemon juice

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened

1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream



Prepare pie crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel apples and cut into thick slices. Arrange slices in overlapping rows in pastry-lined pie pan; sprinkle with lemon juice. Blend sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal; spoon over apples. Spread sour cream over top. Bake 45-50 minutes, until apples are tender. If during baking the edges of the pie crust are becoming too dark, shield with tin foil.


This recipe is a favorite of Consecrated, Strongman and myself...enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW that pie looks yummy! Wish I had a piece for breakfast. I'm not to much into the baking and cooking anymore (Guess I am burned out after 32+ years)but I definitely have to try that recipe.

Is it not amazing how we grow! You were such a pest when you were little. Now I wish I had you around more of the time. Love my Sissy sooooooooo much!!!!
Aunt MA

Beautiful Grace said...

A pest...I always adored you. That's why I pested, because I wanted to be with you.

Anyway, lets take a day that you have off, maybe a Saturday and go out for breakfast.

As far as the cooking and baking, I'd say you have your hands full with your grandchildren and your full time job.

Love you muchly!!! :)

Strongman said...

I'm HUNGRY !!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow....looks good I'll be right over!!! LOL! If only we could share a bite together through our blogs. :)