Monday, June 15, 2015

Ezra 7-10: Cherish His Heart

Recently, I had someone very dear to me say, "I cherish your opinion."  My heart was so deeply touched that tears filled my eyes.  My loved one was saying, I love the thoughts you have regarding this situation that I face. 

I cannot think of a greater sign of honor and love than this!


Ezra 7:10
Amplified Bible (AMP)

10 For Ezra had prepared and set his heart to seek the Law of the Lord [to inquire for it and of it, to require and yearn for it], and to do and teach in Israel its statutes and its ordinances.
 
 
Ezra honored God much like I had been honored.  He knew God as One full of perfect wisdom.  He understood that the books of Moses, the written law, was God's heart; His thoughts translated into writing. Ezra knew that God wouldn't give a command for no good reason.  Ezra trusted God, because he was familiar with His heart. 
 
Ezra cherished God's heart!
 
I wonder if God's eyes fill up with tears when we seek His thoughts about a situation we face.  When we ask Him, "what should I do, and how do You want me to respond?"  When we inquire of the Lord, we cherish His heart, and that, my friends demonstrates our love for Him.
 
Lord, empower us to seek Your heart, understand what You are saying, then do it.  There is no greater way to show You our love.  In the great name of Jesus, AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Jamescrist said...

Thanks for your information . It is very helpful and i appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written. Please visit my sitevacation homes for rent