Monday, December 22, 2014

Ezekiel 42-43: 2015, The Year of Great Grace

Ezekiel 43:19
Amplified

You shall give to the priests, the Levites who are of the offspring of Zadok, who are near to Me to minister to Me, says the Lord God, a young bull for a sin offering.
 
The service of Zadok and his sons was in line with the will of God even at times when the actions of the general nation was not.
 
Wow!  Imagine being so faithful to the Lord that your service stands alone in the midst of the nation to which you belong.  Although the Holy Spirit had not officially been poured out yet, it seems to me that these priests had a supernatural edge.  How else could human beings stand firm in God's will? 
 
Today, God provides us with His Grace to be empowered to stand alone in worship even when those around us do not.  Many years ago the Lord revealed the meaning of my given name as Beautiful Grace.  At that time, I did not understand its depth of meaning.  Now I understand that Grace is the power of God to flatten a mountain! 
 
Zechariah 4:7
Amplified

For who are you, O great mountain [of human obstacles]? Before Zerubbabel [who with Joshua had led the return of the exiles from Babylon and was undertaking the rebuilding of the temple, before him] you shall become a plain [a mere molehill]! And he shall bring forth the finishing gable stone [of the new temple] with loud shoutings of the people, crying, Grace, grace to it!
 
As each year ends, I ask the Jesus, what He has in store for the next year.  I felt that He said that "2015 will be a year of Great Grace."  I understood that it will be imperative for me to learn to access and utilize this Grace as never before.  I had a sense that the coming year would be difficult, but that difficulty would be a wondrous stepping stone showcasing His Beautiful Grace in me, and in others. 
 
The key in accessing this "Great Grace" is allowing my/our hearts to be open to out of the box, daily, and intimate experiences with the Lord.  My acts of worship and expressions of love for Jesus have undergone a metamorphosis, but the longing in my heart to know Him, feel Him, hear Him sometimes is challenged by earthly responsibilities.  One thing I know, no matter what, I will submit to God's will.  Wherever it takes me, I will follow, but it will take Great Grace to walk it out with Him. 
 
I think that's why He prompted my parents to give me the name that means Beautiful Grace. My name reminds me that I can't serve Him, be in line with His will, without His mountain-flattening, powerful Grace, and it is BEAUTIFUL!
 
Jesus, I receive this Great Grace You are offering.  I will love You and serve You no matter what.  And maybe the book in heaven will mention a gal whose life was consistently in the will of God because of the Beautiful Grace He gave her.  In Your Name, Jesus, AMEN!!!

No comments: