Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hosea 8-10: Sow For Yourselves Righteousness


Hosea 10:12

Amplified Bible (AMP)
12 Sow for yourselves according to righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God); reap according to mercy and loving-kindness. Break up your uncultivated ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, to inquire for and of Him, and to require His favor, till He comes and teaches you righteousness and rains His righteous gift of salvation upon you.
I have this verse highlighted and underlined in my Bible.  While reading today, I remember how this particular verse spoke to me many years ago when I had been caught in a scheme of the evil one.  
Looking at my life today, I recognize that still the evil one attempts to bind me with his lies and schemes.  I recognize that I still fall for his twisted whispers believing that somehow I need to protect myself, I need to secure justice for myself and others, I need to tell my side of the story, I need to accepted by men.  
It is starkly apparent that uncultivated (fallow) ground remains in my soul.
The clods of dirt are manifested differently today than clods from ten years ago, but a clod is still a clod and the uncultivated ground of my heart must be prepared for the way of the Lord.  The highway of holiness must run directly through my innermost being!  
What is the remedy, Lord?  How do I "sow according to righteousness" and "reap according to mercy and loving-kindness"?
"Seek Me," says the Lord.  "Only I can bestow righteousness.  It is only by Me that the harvest is reaped with mercy.  Loving-kindness is placed in your heart as a gift from Me.  I break up the hard ground of your heart and prepare it for the planting of My seeds.  I uproot the tares within you that choke the life of your spirit.  I Am your Protector.  I Am the Just Judge.  I will reveal the truth in My time.  I know the hearts of all men.  I know their triumphs and failures.  I love the hearts of men and will do what I will do to restore and deliver and save.  Resist the temptation to take matters into your own hands because your chariot will not save or deliver you.  Only My strength saves and delivers.  I pour my favor upon you, because you require it.  I will continue to teach you righteousness as I rain the gift of salvation upon your life."
Lord, let it be unto me as You have said.  I will be all that You dreamed!  In the great and awesome name of Jesus!  AMEN!!!

No comments: