Thursday, May 7, 2015

Zachariah 9: His Eyes are Upon Us

Zechariah 9:8
Amplified Bible

Then I will encamp about My house as a guard or a garrison so that none shall march back and forth, and no oppressor or demanding collector shall again overrun them, for now My eyes are upon them.
 
Thinking back over the challenges faced in my life, I remember, I see that God was always there.  At times my soul was so distressed and stirred that I was ignorant to His Presence, but now I understand that He was ALWAYS there. 
 
It was through those challenges that my weaknesses were revealed.  Friends, it is valuable to be familiar with our own weaknesses, because then we realize that our only hope and protection come from the Lord.  We must understand that knowing our weaknesses doesn't equal a skewed self-esteem, but it does cause us to understand our desperate need for a savior.
 
We have a choice.  What will we cling to as our savior? 
 
Money
Power
Influence
People
Technology
Self
 
There is no doubt that these are blessings, but do they have the power to save us?
 
Let me submit to you that God, as expressed through Jesus, is the ONLY ONE capable of saving us from the oppressor.  I'm not offering anyone false hope, bad things do happen in this world, but those bad things do not have the power to oppress and "march back and forth" over our souls if we cling to the True Savior, Jesus Christ! 
 
God has promised to encamp around us like a guard or a garrison!  His eyes are upon us!!!
 
Just yesterday, I read an article quoting the actress Natalie Portman's thoughts about the Oscar she received, "I was reading the story of Abraham to my child and talking about, like, not worshipping false idols. And this is literally like gold men. This is literally worshipping gold idols -- if you worship it. That’s why it’s not displayed on the wall. It’s a false idol."
 
Those are bold words.  TRUTH!!!
 
Any time we trust in something or some person other than God for our protection, we in effect committing idolatry. 
 
Those are bold words.  TRUTH!!!
 
 
Lord, I ask that by Your Spirit You reveal our weaknesses and through them show Yourself strong.  You have promised to be our guard.  You ARE the Savior of our souls.  We know that no matter what happens, You are there providing peace and calm in the midst of any earthly storm.  No more will the enemy of our souls march back and forth over our thoughts/emotions for You are always Faithful and True.  We love You and submit ourselves to You always, in the Great Name of Jesus, AMEN!!!
 

No comments: