Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Daniel 1-3: The Light of Grace

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused to bow down in worship to the image Nebuchadnezzar had set in place.  These men had directly defied an earthly king to avoid offending their Heavenly King.

Their conviction got them thrown into a fire furnace!

Amazing God gloriously spared these three men proving once again that the One True God has the power to accomplish the miraculous.

Nebuchadnezzar Himself comes to the realization that,

"...there is no other God who can deliver in this way." 
Daniel 3:29

I imagine myself in the situation of these three bold men.  Would I have the resolve to say "no" when faced with a fiery furnace?  

Would I stand firm and refuse to bow down?

Then I remember what it feels like with the powerful spotlight of grace empowering to stand firm in the face of persecution.  Just a few weeks ago during worship, the Lord's Presence was physically perceptible.  He allowed me to "see" myself with hands raised and a column of light from heaven shining on me like a spotlight.  Experiences like this give me courage. 

If ever placed in that kind of severe position, I will trust that the Light would empower me to stand firm.  The benefit of a personal relationship with God is grace.  His grace empowers!

In this year of "Great Grace," we are trained to access His power, the power we need to walk through life victoriously.  I require this training!  You require this training!

Holy Spirit, teach us!  We need you!!!  In the name of Jesus, AMEN!!!

No comments: