Friday, February 8, 2013

Isaiah 18-22: The Weight of What is Seen


Isaiah 21:6-8

Amplified Bible (AMP)
For thus has the Lord said to me: Go, set [yourself as] a watchman, let him declare what he sees.
And when he sees a troop, horsemen in pairs, a troop of donkeys, and a troop of camels, he shall listen diligently, very diligently.
And [the watchman] cried like a lion, O Lord, I stand continually on the watchtower in the daytime, and I am set in my station every night.
And see! Here comes a troop of men and chariots, horsemen in pairs! And he [the watchman] tells [what it foretells]: Babylon has fallen, has fallen! And all the graven images of her gods lie shattered on the ground [in my vision]!

Have any of you "seen" something in the spirit that was frightening?  I have.  

What have you done with the holy information?

How did you handle knowing something difficult was going to befall people you care about?

What if the weight of knowledge "seemed" more than what a human could bear?

There was a time in my life that I asked the Lord to stop giving me dreams of things to come.  It felt as though I couldn't bear the responsibility of that knowledge.
God, in His mercy, immediately stopped the dreams.  I then realized that my personal source of encouragement also ceased through God's nighttime communications, and I desperately needed His direction and encouragement.
So I prayed, "God, please give me only the dreams that I am mature enough to handle."
For those called to be a "Watchman," I ask for Holy Spirit's guidance and empowerment.  I ask that you would be mature enough to handle the holy secrets God shares with you.  In Jesus' name, AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Conversations in the Garden said...

His revelation is like honey, sweet morsals. Bless you