Sunday, January 3, 2016

John 1:15-51: Let His Light Shine, Reveal God!

John 1:18

 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

 Jesus revealed His Father to the earth.  We can know the Father's heart by reading how Jesus behaved while He was among us.  

What is even more awesome is that Jesus says that we can do "greater things."


John 14:11-13 

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father’s name convince you.]
12 I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father.
13 And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I Am], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son.

In other words, you and I can reveal God to the world around us!  Who we are in Him tells a story of the Father.  What is His heart?  How would He speak? What would He do?  Wow!  This is a weighty revelation, but a true one.  Although we are not God, we are empowered to represent Him!  This can only be done as we follow the lead of the His Spirit, spend time with Him, turn away from what we know is wrong and embrace His definition of right.  

Then...the world will see Him.  Remember, we are lights in this dark world.  We may never know (until heaven) how that Light shining through us has impacted others.  

In the Name of Jesus, let's shine His Light into every place we go.  He can transform even the darkest place with His Light!  AMEN!!!

No comments: