Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ezekiel 46-48: THE LORD IS THERE


The chapters ending Ezekiel describe God's temple and the allotted land surrounding it.  This land, evenly divided among the tribes of Israel as an inheritance, was a city called, "THE LORD IS THERE."
Ezekiel 48:35
Amplified Bible (AMP)
35 The distance around the city shall be 18,000 [4 x 4,500] measures; and the name of the city from that day and ever after shall be, THE LORD IS THERE.
 
On the last day of 2014, I consider the previous year with its challenges and its blessings.  It is good to review how God has intervened in the past.  How He has taken those situations and experiences designed for destruction and turned them around for good. 
However, as I was preparing to write this post, the Lord reminded me not to dwell on the past.  Before reading today's passages, I checked my email.
 
 
December 31, 2014     
SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND
by MARSHA BURNS:
I want you to see the uniqueness of your life and the path that you have chosen. The paths of others have crossed yours and even been parallel with yours for a certain distance before separation.  But, ultimately, you are responsible for your own desires, choices, and direction.  Refuse to allow regret to overwhelm you nor consider what might have been or could have been.  Do not look back.  Walk with Me into the days ahead with the assurance that I will never leave you nor forsake you, says the Lord. 
Philippians 3:13-14  Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
   
Then I began to read and came to...
Ezekiel 46:9
Amplified Bible (AMP)
9 But when the people of the land shall come before the Lord at the appointed solemn feasts, he who enters the north gate to worship shall go out by the south gate, and he who enters by the south gate shall go out by the north gate; he shall not return by the gate by which he came in but shall go out by the opposite gate [straight ahead].
 
What's interesting is what I had written in the margin next to this verse.  "Don't go back (past).  Go straight ahead."       
Past dwelling distracts from pressing toward the prize, running my race and obtaining the inheritance the Lord has set aside for me.  Just as He set aside an inheritance for Israel, He has also provided an inheritance for us.
Be encouraged, just as Israel's inheritance was named, 'THE LORD IS THERE," I believe Holy Spirit is reminding us that our inheritance is also where the Lord dwells.       
As 2015 unfolds, let's consider our inheritance and remember, "THE LORD IS THERE."  No matter what trials or tribulations or blessings or favor the new year holds, we can be confident in this...
 
"I will never leave you nor forsake you, says the Lord."
 
Lord, Your grace is enough for 2015 and beyond.  Thank You for being such a good Helper and Counselor, Holy Spirit. We open our ears to hear what You would say.  We will not be distracted with things past, but will press forward with You!  In the great and awesome name of Jesus, AMEN!!!

No comments: