Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jeremiah 49-50: "Pushing Back the Dark"

Jeremiah 50:20

In those days and at that time, says the Lord, the iniquity of Israel will be sought, but there will be none, and the sins of Judah [will be sought], but none will be found, for I will pardon those whom I cause to remain as a remnant (the preserved ones who come forth after a long tribulation).

Abba's dealings with His chosen ones foreshadow His dealings with those saved by merciful Jesus!  It's comforting to rest in the thought that though my sins have been as scarlet, He sees me as white as snow.

Isaiah 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be like wool.


White as snow!!!

Not only is Jesus merciful, but lovingly creative in demonstrating His love.  I've lost count how many times I have asked Him to have a song play on the radio and then the song plays.  He knows how much music encourages and draws me into worship and prayer.  :)

The most recent song, "Pushing Back the Dark" by Josh Wilson, encourages me to continue allowing His light to shine.  His love, His light is desperately needed by those I contact.  His light drives away the darkness.  



Whatever you do, just don't look back.
Oh somebody needs the light you have.
Whatever you do, just don't lose heart.
Keep on pushing back the dark,
Keep on pushing back the dark.
 
 
He finds no iniquity in me, no sins, because He has pardoned me, and then He tells me to shine His light and love to others.  He demonstrates outrageous love!  That is my God!!!
 
I want to love others the way He has loved me!  I require His grace. 
 

2 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

love this post Bellann. As always, it is sincere, and life giving. Loved the scripture and insights you shared. The song is new to me, but I loved it too. Haven't visited as often as I used to, but you will always have a special place in my heart, dear friend!
Shalom.
Lidia

Beautiful Grace said...

So glad to hear from you, Dear Lidia! I don't go blogging like I used to, but I certainly have not and will not forget you my Dear Friend!