Saturday, February 18, 2012

Exodus 4-6: God Conscious, Not Self-Conscious

Face to face articulation has never been one of my gifts.  Yes, I do fine in some circumstances, but in general, I'm not one to stand up and speak to a group of people.  



Exodus 4:10

Amplified Bible (AMP)
"And Moses said to the Lord, O Lord, I am not eloquent or a man of words, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and have a heavy and awkward tongue."


I can identify with Moses.  Both of us suffer(ed) from self-consciousness and the fear of man. 


Just recently, I turned down the co-chair position of a professional committee at work, because I doubted my ability to communicate effectively to leadership within the hospital.  Instead of asking the Lord, if He would have me do this, I reverted to self-consciousness and fear of speaking before man.  I know if God would have wanted me to hold this position, He would have equipped my mouth, yet, in the moment, I declined.



Exodus 4:11-12

Amplified Bible (AMP)
"And the Lord said to him, Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the dumb, or the deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Is it not I, the Lord?

Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and will teach you what you shall say."


Jesus, You know me better than any other person.  Empower me to base decisions on what You say, rather then on my own perceived weaknesses.  I desire for me to be God-conscious, not self-conscious.  I thank You that another opportunity will come.  I will pass the test with Your help.  All for You, Jesus, AMEN!!!

No comments: